When I am creating a CAD drawing one of the most annoying things I find is when you can’t find a good CAD block to use in your drawing. Take for example the above image. I couldn’t find a nice looking, wood-burning stove block, so I found a picture I liked that I was able to use instead!
1. Find the image you want and save it as a jpeg.
2. Simply Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V (or Cmd+C Cmd+V for mac users) that picture into your CAD drawing.
3. specify where you want the image placing on screen, don;t worry about the size, that can be fixed later.
4. Right click the image and send it to back.
6. using your line/polyline tool trace over the image. Use other tools such as fillet to make the edges even more accurate.
If you are using an image with a set size, such as the fireplace above that measures exactly 480mm wide you can then scale your line drawing accurately.
7. select your lines and type Group.
8. Draw a line from the left edge of the object to your precise measurement. In this case 450mm.
9. select your object -> type Scale -> type Ref -> select the left end point of you line -> select the edge of your object -> select the right end point of your line.